The Orientation Toward:
"The Gift of Prophecy"
People with this Life Orientation tend to be:
- Message Sensitive. They have visions, hear voices, dream dreams, and they have a powerful impulse to share what they have received with the world.
- Wise. They can see through other people's facades, and have a clear idea what their core motives are--even before the people know this about themselves.
- Prioritized. They see the forest.......first and foremost........then, if they have time, they worry about the trees. Their focus of awareness generally moves from macro to micro.
- Focused. They are usually quite intense and devoted, and they value purity and clarity above all things.
- No-Nonsense. Prophets are strongly convicted that people need to learn how to "walk their talk."
- Self-Effacing: They are willing to have their will "broken" by life, if it will produce positive results on down the road.
- Convinced: They feel as though they have a firm grasp on the agenda of the Expanded Oneself, and they are 100% devoted to what they believe.
- Emotional about Moral Weakness: This is where they get their reputation as "weeping prophets." It injures them deeply when humanity goes away from the Spirit Path.
- Admiring of Humility (though not always humble, themselves): Prophets love to be confronted if they seem to be letting excessive personal ego get in the way of their effectiveness. And if the confrontation is effective, they will "repent," choosing to wear sackcloth and ashes for a time.
Prophecy--Practiced to an Extreme
Frankness may often seem like harshness.
Intense interest in the "big picture" may be interpreted as disinterest in the needs of the individual.
Efforts made to gain attention (so Spirit's Message can be heard) may be viewed as grandstanding, and written off as lust for the limelight.
Focus on purity and clarity may appear as "black and white" thinking.
Statements of discernment can sometimes be felt as judgment.
Public bravado and dedication to this "life mission" may hinder a Prophet's enjoyment of personal relationships and life.
A strong emphasis on "truth" may come across as intolerance and self-righteousness.
Character Defects are simply Charismation Attributes, being practiced to an extreme, unconsciously or without a sense of Oneself Integrity.
Do you resonate with this Gift, and have more insights, traits, or characteristics to contribute to this research?